There are a number of things on the plate of a small business owner including marketing, accounting, human resources and Information Technology (IT) support. Unfortunately there are only a finite amount of hours in a day and no person can be an expert or have knowledge of all of these disciplines.
One of the toughest challenge and usually the one that causes the most pain when there are issues or you’re in desperate need of advice is the IT department as it is hard to keep up with all the terminology and technology such as Cloud, Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Cybersecurity.
That is where IT Managed Services such as Lab Managed Services and our IT specialists come to the rescue. The benefits of engaging with a Managed Services provider are quite significant and can include some of the following:
- Someone you trust to call for all your IT Support needs for you and your staff;
- Monitoring of your equipment and machines to ensure they always run efficiently and effectively;
- Extensive knowledge of the industry and current trends;
- Staff members will most likely have worked in Large or Enterprise size business IT departments for DRP;
- Access to staff with many years of experience in IT;
- Staff that are certified and highly skilled in areas such as Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc) services;
- Quick resolutions to IT issues or machine gremlins;
- Take care of your IT ordering and ensure you are purchasing the things you need;
- Specialised skill sets are at your disposal whenever you need them;
All of these things reduce the burden of learning new technologies and terminology which gives you time to concentrate on other areas of your business. It can open your world to options you didn’t realise were a possibility in some instances such as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure(VDI) for secure remote working solutions or a Cloud phone system with a cost that is extremely low to purchase, setup and use. Setting up technology solutions will be completed in less time and in accordance with best practices which may not be possible if you were to do it all yourself.
Overall there are a large amount of benefits in partnering with an IT Managed Services company for small and medium sized businesses.